The American Dream is the belief that every person can attain what they consider to be a success regardless of their socioeconomic status. Realizing the American Dream is not contingent upon chance. Instead, the ability to make your American Dream come true rests on making sacrifices, taking chances and working hard.
At Judson Center, we believe no individual should be limited in their pursuit of the American Dream or their individual goals. That’s why we offer several services to the disabled to help people overcome their challenges and achieve their dreams. Whether you or someone you love has a physical or behavioral disability, our person-centric, strength-based approach to treatment will enable you to come closer to reaching your goals every day.
The experts at Judson Center know that the most promising outcomes are often the result of the collaborative treatment rendered through our disability services. With that in mind, we collaborate and partner with many organizations to provide integrated healthcare and support for the patients we’re honored to serve.
Here are some of the partners we’re currently working with:
- Oakland Community Health Network
- Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority
- Macomb County Community Mental Health
- Macomb Oakland Regional Center
- Community Living Services
- Easter Seals of Michigan
- Consumer Link
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services in both Wayne and Oakland counties
- Bureau of Services to Blind Persons
- School systems across Wayne and Oakland counties
Who We Serve
Judson Center exists to serve youth and adults who may seek support, including people living with disabilities. Here are some of the disabilities our patients are living with:
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Mental health problems
- Hearing and visual impairments
- Mobility difficulties
We know that living with a disability can be challenging in ways others might not understand. We at Judson Center understand the challenges you face, and they have the skills and experience to help you overcome any obstacles that stand in the way of you and your goals.
Our Disability Services
For more than three decades, Judson Center has been providing support for people living with disabilities so these people can live their lives with dignity and purpose and fulfill their dreams. Our disability services are designed to help people pursue meaningful engagement and make contributions to their families and communities.
Here are the disability services you’ll find at Judson Center:
- Employment Services: We don’t just believe that every individual can realize success on the job given the right opportunity and support, we’ve seen that happen time and time again. Our employment services are intended to help individuals make the most of their employment options and achieve success.
- Skill Building: We offer skill building services that can help teens succeed at work and in life in general. The skills we teach are not specific to a job or industry, and they include communication, interpersonal relationships, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Respite Care: Our welcoming respite care home for children is barrier-free and staffed by highly-trained professionals who are keenly aware of the specific needs of our individual guests.