- This event has passed.
Bring Autism to Light – Autism Awareness Campaign
April 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am - April 30, 2019 @ 8:00 pm
Join Judson Center as we Bring Autism to Light this April by:
- Picking up a free blue light bulb for your porch at Judson Center in Royal Oak, Judson Center in Ann Arbor (JCC location at 2935 Birch Hollow Drive), or visit any of Royal Oak’s three Fire Stations
- Join our live Facebook conversation on Thursday, April 11 from 6 to 7 pm as we discuss Autism: Bridging the Gap. Hear from our program experts; Director of Autism Connections, Frankie Groce and Director of Disability Services, Brad Ewing and learn about the services available for individuals and families with autism, to connect with community resources and to learn tips on avoiding the “cliff” for young adults. The cliff refers to individuals with autism who have aged out of the state education system at age 26 yet need services and opportunities to remain engaged in life and learning, whether it be through a job, a volunteer position, or an organized group activity setting.
- Shine your house or place of business blue for autism awareness throughout the month of April
- Share photos on social media using #autism2light
- Make a donation today to support Autism Connections at BATL
Want to schedule a blue light bulb pick up or to learn how you can become more involved? Contact Kayla Collins at email@example.com or 248.837.2007.
To download a Bring Autism to Light brochure: BATL Brochure
To learn more about our Autism Connections program, with locations in Royal Oak, Warren, and Ann Arbor, visit Autism Connections.
Many thanks to our partners, City of Royal Oak and English Gardens.