Judson Center's Vocational Services Program helps adults with disabilities obtain and maintain gainful employment in the community; enhancing their degree of independence, personal choice, and community involvement and contribution.
Vocational Services is an employment agency program which provides trained, reliable, and productive adults with physical and or cognitive abilities of all types, to businesses in southeastern Michigan. For the individual with disabilities, Vocational Services helps them prepare and compete in the job market.
Our profile of work includes, but is not exclusive to:
- Janitorial duties - Vacuuming, dusting, mopping, emptying and removing trash, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning kitchenettes
- Clerical - Copying, stuffing envelopes, preparing packets, sorting, shredding, zip code preparation
- Laundry - Sorting, washing, drying, folding
- Retail - Bagging, sorting, hanging, returning items, stocking, tagging, clerk
- Light manufacturing and disassembly - Product assembly, packaging, labeling
- Distribution - Marketing products, preparing inserts, delivery
Judson Center's Vocational Services Program develops effective partnerships with local employers by understanding and responding to their labor needs over time. On an annual basis, Vocational Services provides employees to over 30 businesses.